This article will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to fix connectivity issues between your Veo Cam 2 and your iOS device.
Whenever you experience issues connecting to the Veo Cam 2 with the iOS Veo Camera app, before doing anything else, make sure you have the latest version of the app installed on your device and that you are logged in with your Veo credentials (email and password)
If you are experiencing issues connecting to the camera’s Bluetooth or the camera’s WiFi hotspot, you can follow these steps to fix the problem:
1. Issues connecting via Bluetooth:
If the Bluetooth connection is not possible, you will see this screen:
This message occurs most likely because the Bluetooth failed to disconnect correctly from a prior connection. Wait about 30 seconds and try connecting again. If you still encounter the issue after 30 seconds, try disabling Bluetooth on the phone and force shut the Veo Camera app.
Ultimately, reboot the camera by pressing the power button for 10 seconds. Following these steps should solve the problem.
2. Issues joining the Veo Cam 2’s WiFi hotspot
If joining the camera’s WiFi hotspot is the issue, you will see an error message or not be able to connect after clicking “Join” on this screen:
For this, there are some steps you can try to fix it
- Close the app completely and restart it.
- Open the Veo Camera app again and try connecting to the Veo Cam 2 now. Trying several times might do the trick.
- Quit the iOS Veo Camera app.
- Put your phone in Airplane mode.
- Go to your phone’s WiFi settings. Choose the WiFi for the Veo Cam (called VEOCAM-XXXX) and make sure the option "Private Wi-Fi Address" is disabled.
4. Open the Veo Camera app again and try to connect to the camera.
- Go to your phone’s WiFi settings. Turn off the wifi and turn it on again.
- Open the Veo Camera app and try connecting to your Veo Cam 2.
- Delete the camera from the app by swiping to the side on the camera list
- Add the Veo Cam 2 to the app again.
- Reset the Veo Cam 2 by pressing the power button for approximately 15 seconds.
- Turn the camera on and try connecting through the app again.
We hope you are able to connect to your Veo Cam 2 now!