This article shows you how to update the software version of your Veo Cam 2.
Our engineers are constantly working to improve our products and your Veo experience. Software updates are regularly sent to your Veo Cam 2 to ensure flawless performance by including improvements and bug fixes.
You don’t need to update the software actively. Once your camera is connected to the internet, Veo will schedule software updates to your camera when necessary.
Updating the software version of your Veo Cam 2 via Wi-fi
First, follow the steps in this article to connect your Veo Cam 2 to a wi-fi connection for the first time.
Note: You only need to connect to a wi-fi network once; the Veo Cam 2 will remember the connection and automatically connect to it when available.
Once connected to a wi-fi network:
- Ensure the Veo Cam 2 is turned on
- Connect the camera to power.
- The camera will automatically start updating the software version if a new update has been released.
Let the camera be connected to the internet for at least 30 minutes to complete the installation of the new software version.
How can I see if my Veo Cam 2 is updating its firmware?
When the Veo Cam 2 is updating its software, you will be able to see it by looking at the status lights on the back of the camera; you should see the following:
How can I see which firmware version is on my camera?
To check your Veo Cam 2's software version, follow these steps:
- Open the Veo Camera app
- Connect to your Veo Cam 2
- On the camera preview, click on the three dots at the top right corner and select settings
- Scroll to the bottom. Here, you can see the software version the camera is running on.
Visit this article to check the latest software version available Software updates