In this article, you will learn how to prepare, start, and finish recording through the Web App.
Before you start recording, always check that:
- The camera is sufficiently charged, and there is storage space on the camera. You can see these on the camera settings page at http://cam.veo.co.
- Lenses are cleared off from smudges and scratches that may affect the camera resolution (use a soft cloth to clean them).
Set up & record
Once you have taken care of the requirements above, follow the instructions below to get started recording:
1. Attach the camera to the tripod and turn it on.
2. Raise the tripod to its highest position. (If using a stadium mount, make sure the camera is level, not tilted).
3. On your smartphone, connect to the WiFi VEOCAM-xxx. The WiFi password is written on the bottom of the camera.
Connecting to the Camera
4. In your browser, go to http://cam.veo.co. On the Home Page, you will see a preview of what the camera is capturing. Ensure that all corners are visible, the camera is aligned with the centerline and the closest sideline is visible in both previews.
5. Start recording by pressing the red button in the bottom center of the screen. It will buffer for up to 10 seconds while the timer starts counting and the recording is started.
If there are any issues, a prompt will appear to tell you what's wrong.
6. Once the recording is started, you are free to disconnect from the camera's WiFi until you wish to stop the recording.
How do I check if the camera is recording?
If the timer is counting with no prompt, your recording has started and will continue to record until you reconnect to the camera and stop the recording.
👉 How to be extra sure that the camera is recording? Go to Camera settings, and as you refresh the page, the MB in the storage space should increase.
Stop and save your recording
When you wish to stop and save the recording, follow the steps below:
1. Reconnect to the camera
2. Refresh the home screen (http://cam.veo.co).
3. Press the red recording button.
4. Name your recording and save it.
5. You will get a green confirmation ribbon atop your screen. You will also be able to see the status of the recording in the recordings list.
Issues stopping the recording?
If you are unable to reconnect to the Veo Cam or have any issues stopping the recording, simply turn off the camera, and the recording will be saved as a timestamp. To upload, you will need to connect to cam.veo.co, go to your recordings list and click to start the video upload.
Beware, you will not have the same option to manually upload on the Veo apps, it needs to be done on cam.veo.co