The Draw on Screen feature in the Veo video player is a great tool to give better, more visual feedback to your players. Learn how to do it in this article.
Keep reading for an extended tutorial on how to use the feature and how you can enhance your analysis with this useful tool.
You can use these three shapes: arrow, rectangle, and line.
Draw on Screen is a part of highlight creation. The option for drawing on screen will appear when adding new highlights.
Draw on Screen highlights are (for now) only possible to be created in the follow-cam (broadcast) view.
Let's get into it
Go through the steps below for creating a highlight that involves drawing on screen.
1. Click on the +Create button on the upper right corner of the page
2. You will be prompted to select the predetermined tag you would like to use, or click on the three dots to create your own
3. Once you select a tag, a bar with a pointer will appear on the bottom of the video. The bar determines the length of the highlight, the pointer determines where the drawing will be in the highlight. Adjust it to your preference
4. To start adding drawings, click on the Add drawing option on the bottom right corner
5. The draw on screen editor will appear. Choose the shape and the color you want to apply (arrow is chosen by default). When you are happy with the drawing, click on the checkmark
This will take you back to the highlight bar and pointer, you will notice the pointer is now red, this means the drawing has been saved.
You can continue adding more drawings within the same highlight and then save the highlight once you're finished.
6. When you are happy with your highlight, adjust the settings on the right side of the screen; tag players, add a comment and Save the highlight.
Click here to read how to set the visibility of your highlights.
The highlight containing drawing(s) will appear in the highlight thread on the right side of the video player with the tag Drawing:
When you play the highlight in the follow-cam view, the video will freeze for a few seconds when there's a drawing and will automatically continue without the drawings after.
👉🏻 Please note that it is currently not possible to download highlights containing drawings.
We hope you found this article helpful!
You might also be interested in the following articles:
ℹ️ For customer support, please contact us via the Support Widget in the bottom right corner of your screen.